The Secretary of Health in PA issued an order on November 17, 2020 requiring "universal face coverings" to be worn in all public buildings. This order is consider legal and it applies to churches. Consider the following quotes from a FAQ sheet that was issued with the order:
"As this is a legal Order under the Disease Prevention and Control Law, law enforcement officers are authorized to issue warnings or citations to anyone who does not comply with the Order. The Department of Health can also issue warnings and citations to businesses, persons, facilities, and organizations that do not comply."
"Do I have to wear a mask at a house of worship such as a church, synagogue or mosque?
"Yes, individuals must wear a face covering inside any public place as well as outdoors when they cannot maintain sustained physical distance from those who are not members of their household."
The Executive Board met on November 21 via Zoom, and decided to abide by this order.
This document can be accessed at:
(This information is also available on our Facebook page.)
Upper Claar Church
405 Upper Claar Road
Claysburg, PA 16625
Loving, Living, Sharing, Teaching Jesus Christ
Child Evangelism Fellowship has some great resources for our young ones. Check out what they have to offer at:
COVID-19 RE-OPENING GUIDELINES
1. In order to maintain social distance, only 60 people can safely meet in the sanctuary; the rest can meet in the fellowship Hall or listen through the FM transmitter in their vehicle.
2. Alternate pews will be used. It is recommended that you keep at least six feet away from a person in the pew that is not a member of your IMMEDIATE family.
3. As a matter of safety and in Christian love, wearing a mask at ALL times is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
4. If you are not feeling well, PLEASE STAY HOME.
5. If you are immune compromised or have underlying medical conditions (such as cancer or heart problems), you should consider staying at home or listening to the service in your vehicle via the FM transmitter.
6. There will not be a time of greeting with hugs, handshakes, etc.
7. The offering plates will not be passed; they will be placed on a stand near the doors.
8. The attendance folders will not be used.
9. There will be no organized congregational singing.
10. The microphones will not be passed for prayer requests; they will need to be given to the pastor prior to the service or be given from your seat in the pew.
11. There will be limited access to the sanctuary. The only doors that you can enter and exit will be at the back of the sanctuary and at the handicapped entrance. People will be stationed at those doors to open and close the doors for you.
12. The pastor’s pulpit will be moved to the center of the stage. The pastor will not have to wear a mask while preaching.
13. There will not be a worship leader so that proper social distance can be maintained on the stage between the pastor and the pianist and organist.
14. There will be no Sunday school or children's church at the present time.
15. The nursery will NOT be staffed. If a parent needs to use the nursery 1/2 of the nursery will be available for use. Please bring your own child's toys from home for them to use that day as the toys in the nursery will not be available. There is a changing table in the women's bathroom outside the sanctuary.
(Approved by the Church Board, July 2020)